Monday, September 17, 2007

Through Hard Plastic Eyes

Hello everyone and welcome to my debut blog. I'm new to this whole blogging game so this is my introduction or explanation. My name is JakeT (pronounced jacket) and in a sense I am a bear. No, it's not a gimmick or something similar. I am actually a bear in several ways (emotionally, intellectually, and somewhat physically) with the exception of a few slang terms which I will gladly discuss in another post. Through my strong connection with teddy bears I have assumed the identity of a bear. I know it sounds crazy, but it can be quite interesting to make a connection with something other than humans (get your mind out of the gutter). Anyway, the idea is that I need a way to vent or write down observations while entertaining and informing the masses (human and animal alike). While I am in fact a living semi-bear, the title is a tribute to my teddy bear brethren. They silently observe what we do and they are always focused in one direction with their arms outstretched, tongue leaning to one side, and with a subtle smile creeping under their nose. Teddy bears never blink and society has manufactured them to continuously look satisfied. This is where my job begins as their liberator, moving fingers, blinking eyes, and ears. No one should be forced to sit back without voicing their opinion. I, like all great heroes will free their lost growls and deliver their messages to the general public uncensored and uncontained. As I close I would like to include a brief message from the bears to Stephen Colbert and his viewers: Bears are not a threat to mankind, but a threat to themselves because they have so much trapped inside. Their rage appears to be for humans and other trespassers (it is to a point), but it's really for their natural bondage. With that I would like to say thank you for reading, and please make it a point to read because these discussions are going to be really fun and entertaining. I am an advocate for responding to comments, so please leave some so that I may improve, edit, or write a post about a suggested topic. My objective is to open the floor for human-bear and/or human-human (I am human too.) discussion, so if there is something you want to know don't be afraid to ask. Also, let me know if you would like more information about the struggle of bears and teddies. Have a good evening!

No comments: